Messages for U.S. Citizens
Message for U.S. Citizens
“The IRS is hosting an Internal Revenue Service Webinar on Reporting of Foreign Financial Accounts on the Electronic FBAR"
June 2, 2014
The IRS is hosting an Internal Revenue Service Webinar on Reporting of Foreign Financial Accounts on the Electronic FBAR, on Wednesday, June 4, 2014. Information for filers about the filing requirement is available on the IRS website: IRS Reminds Those with Foreign Assets of U.S. Tax Obligations.
If you have any questions, please contact U.S. Embassy Baku at (+994 12) 488-33-00, or at ConsularBaku@state.gov
2013 - 2014 Messages for U.S. Citizens
- Message for U.S. Citizens - 06/02/2014
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Worldwide Caution - 04/14/2014
- Message for U.S. Citizens: Voting in 2014 - 04/08/2014
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens - 10/08/2013
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens - 08/05/2013
- Message for U.S. Citizens: New State Migration Service Regulations - 04/09/2013
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Planned Protest on Sunday, March 10th - 03/08/2013
- Worldwide Caution - 02/19/2013
- Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Possible Demonstrations - 01/25/2013
- Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration - 01/11/2013
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. STEP allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad that the Department of State can use to assist you in case of an emergency. Americans residing abroad can also get routine information from the U.S. Embassy in Baku.
American citizens who register with the Embassy will become part of our Warden System. Your name will be given to a volunteer American-citizen “Warden” in your area. In the event of an emergency, your Warden would contact you to pass on information from the Embassy. The Embassy also periodically e-mails Warden Messages containing information that may be of interest to Americans in Azerbaijan.
Register your trip online through the Department of State’s STEP Program.
What We Cannot Do...
• provide American Citizens Services to U.S. Resident Aliens (“Green Card” holders);
• get Azerbaijani laws waived because you are an American;
• provide legal advice or representation;
• give money or a financial guarantee, or cash a check;
• act as an intermediary for financial transactions;
• trace missing persons in the U.S.;
• provide medical services;
• serve as a travel agency;
• serve as an interpreter or translator