American Centers in Azerbaijan
Baku American Center
American Centers are partnerships between the U.S. Embassy and host institutions. They provide access to current and reliable information about the U.S. via book collections, the Internet, and through local programming to the general public. The biggest American Center in Azerbaijan is located in Baku. Other five American Centers in the regions are pending the government approval right now.
Baku American Center is the main destination for Azerbaijanis who want to learn about America. The Center has an American-style Library with rich collections of U.S. books and periodicals; two spacious training halls, computer lab and a lecture hall. Overall, the Center provides the following services:
• English Language Learning (English classes, conversation clubs, movie nights, debate clubs,
• Programs with Alumni and resources about the study opportunities in the United States (TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT books)
• Distance learning classes (MOOCs, online lectures and seminars with US Universities, e-teacher webinars)
• American Culture and Information programs (events, concerts and performances, workshops, thematic weekly and bi-weekly presentations by native speakers)
• Databases: Center offers subscriptions to such scholarly full-text databases, as e-Library, EBSCO, J-Stor, etc.
• Kids’ Corner (English Language programs for children at age 5 – 10)
• Maker Space (opening December 2015!) – the innovations lab for students to learn more about engineering, technology and science
Attendance and services are free of charge and open for all!
Tuesday – Saturday: 10:00 – 18:00
(No lunch break, closed on American and Azerbaijani holidays)